Logo
Current time: 12-15-2018, 11:05 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to find out which version of ICR2 I have?
08-16-2014, 02:11 AM
How to find out which version of ICR2 I have?
Hi, i've have the version of CART Racing that had all 3 (Windows, DOS & Rendition) on one disk. I'm only interested in the Rendition version really, but i was just wondering if there's any way to tell which version that is, i.e. 1.0, 1.01 or 1.02? I can't find any clues on the packaging or the files...

According to the reference book from this site: (http://www.icr2.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=50), there were 2 versions of it released, both in 1997, yet one featured version 1.0.0, and the other featured version 1.0.2.

Is there any way to check which version of the Rendition version I have?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-16-2014, 08:44 AM
RE: How to find out which version of ICR2 I have?
For the DOS version, try to press 'J' while in the menus. It switches joystick in menus on/off, but it also shows the version for a few seconds in the bottom right corner. At least for 1.0.2, which I have.

My guess is that it is the same with the rendition version, as it is based on the DOS one.

Born in 1979 - the same year as Bourdais, Raikkonen, Champcar and Dakar.
08-19-2014, 04:21 AM
When the DOS version is starting you can look at the text which is showing what patch you are using.
08-21-2014, 05:19 AM
(08-16-2014 08:44 AM)kakukri Wrote:  For the DOS version, try to press 'J' while in the menus. It switches joystick in menus on/off, but it also shows the version for a few seconds in the bottom right corner. At least for 1.0.2, which I have.

My guess is that it is the same with the rendition version, as it is based on the DOS one.
Thanks, tried that and yeah I do have 1.0.2.
12-04-2018, 01:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-04-2018 01:59 AM by Purojannu.)
I think I've been using the version 1.02, but when I run the patch it cannot find qualace.stg. So everything that is later in alphabetical order is not patched, at least Toronto and Vancouver dat files. What can I do to get the whole game patched, or is it necessary at all?

Problem solved. I allowed something in the patchicr.bat file and now it was ok.