Logo
Current time: 02-29-2020, 04:38 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Indianapolis 500 Carset
05-07-2008, 05:47 AM
Indianapolis 500 Carset
Hey all, I was just wondering if anyone was planning on painting an Indy 500 carset. If nobody was already planning or working on one, I am thinking of taking a shot at it. Even if someone is I would be willing to assist with some paintjobs possibly.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2008, 08:37 AM
RE: Indianapolis 500 Carset
With blackcat's permission I was planning on taking a crack at it using his indy07 as a starting point. I have no problems splitting the work load if you want a go at it too.  Just let me know who you're working on so we don't do double work.

I started working on the former CC drivers a month or so ago, but I've been wrapped up in finishing my last CCWS2K8 carset (which is almost done, BTW  Smiley ).  I figure, I'll keep working on the "transitional" drivers' cars first before working on any of the others.

If you need help with templates, sponsors, helmets, etc... let me know.  I've accumualted quite a bit of stuff over the last few years.

This is about as far as I got prior to Long Beach.
Still need to work on the Conquest, HVM and PCM cars.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=308]
05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
Looking good!
05-08-2008, 01:03 AM
Great news that there will likely be a 2008 Indy carset. Thanks in advance to both of you Smiley
05-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Okay that sounds good. I haven't started any work on any of the cars yet and I have templates somewhere but if you could send me the temps you have that would be great. My email is scubasteve85 (at) gmail (dot) com .

By the way, those paintjobs look nice. Also I'm not sure if you noticed but Rahal and Servia's Indy cars as of now are different than their pre-Indy cars. Rahal has an all white with black lettering Hole In The Wall Camps car and Servia has a KV logo on the sidepod. Motorsport.com has a nice shot of them. Just a little heads up, no complaining here.

Also I think I may start on the Andretti-Green cars first and go from there. Marco's is probably gonna be a bit of a challenge.

Steve
05-08-2008, 09:26 AM
The liveries were based off of pics from Homestead and St. Pete. Haven't touched them since Long Beach.

I figured Rahal's livery was going to change eventually. With the mad scamble to get their cars ready for Homestead, painting his non sponsored car was probably last on the list.

I actually though they'd use the same livery that was on his Champ Car at Long Beach. We'll have to wait and see what his car looks like on race day.

I'll send you the templates I have when I get home this evening.
If you use Paint Shop Pro let me know what version you have. I can email you layered templates that should help make your painting life a bit easier.
05-08-2008, 01:35 PM
Yeah it isn't a huge livery change just reversing the black and white except I think the rear wing may still be black but yeah waiting until raceday will be good.
05-08-2008, 06:20 PM
...yeah!
I will like this new IndyCar set!
I will like it because there will be a car that I dreamed of when I was a small boy. And I made a similar one for Nascar Racing 1... But now this Indy 500 race car looks much more better!

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/photos...o_id=68121

http://www.indycar.com/multimedia/photos...o_id=68124

An "Indy Jones" IndyCar!
05-28-2008, 05:29 AM
Any updates on the Indy 500 carset? Thanks guys.
05-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Made a couple of small changes to the KVRT cars and started working on Viso, but my fiancee's grandmother passed away last week so I've been tied up in real life stuff. Hopefully I can get some more work done later this week.