Logo
Current time: 04-06-2020, 02:28 AM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to capture video from Icr2?
10-24-2013, 10:43 AM
RE: How to capture video from Icr2?
(10-24-2013 12:08 AM)RacerBG Wrote:  
(10-23-2013 09:45 PM)SunocoSeries Wrote:  Now when I used the video capture on D-Fend, my computer started to lag after a couple minutes. I then tried Camstudio which works really well. The problem Is I'm trying to record the audio from the game as well and I don't have Stereo Mix in my computer so I can only record from the microphone which I don't want to do. I want to record the game in full.

Also Fraps still doesn't work for me no matter what I try.

My most successful videos for games (in this case ICR2) were maded using Record My Desktop. This is a Linux program by the way. Wink2 And it's free, also it have very high quality but you must have Linux.

i don't have linux.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-19-2017, 05:21 PM
I've tried to make a video to introduce my track, but I wasn't successful. I've tried CamStudio, but it always stopped recording when I started DosBox. I've tried Ctrl+Alt+F5 in DosBox, it made the game running slow, so it's only possible to use it to record the replays. It made .AVI files, but if I play them, I have only sound, no video. I've tried to install the codec of DosBox, but I've got an error message, so no success.
Does anyone have an idea, what I can make different? I don't want to buy a software, because I don't want to make videos often.
03-20-2017, 12:58 AM
I suppose you could try a different free software, there are several. I have ManyCam, but I have no idea if it will record stuff running through DosBox.
03-20-2017, 01:09 AM
I've found already ezvid, but it doesn't record the sound, and Active Presenter. The main problem with both is, that the video is stuttering too much. It doesn't make fun to watch it. I think my computer is simply too weak for this stuff. I will think about other possibilities to present my track.
03-05-2019, 12:06 AM
I started to upload some ICR2 videos at YouTube. At the moment it's just racing the original game. I think there isn't too much ICR2 there, especially not full races with wheel and pedals. There's more to come, so if you are interested, please check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_OyAgf...MdQIBlr8Mg
03-06-2019, 12:28 PM
(03-05-2019 12:06 AM)Purojannu Wrote:  I started to upload some ICR2 videos at YouTube. At the moment it's just racing the original game. I think there isn't too much ICR2 there, especially not full races with wheel and pedals. There's more to come, so if you are interested, please check it out.

Thanks for taking the time to make these. They are high quality - full resolution and max frame rate, as far as I can tell. I'd like to see some videos from different replay angles, and maybe some modded tracks and cars so that folks can see the full potential of the game!
03-06-2019, 04:49 PM
(03-06-2019 12:28 PM)checkpoint10 Wrote:  
(03-05-2019 12:06 AM)Purojannu Wrote:  I started to upload some ICR2 videos at YouTube. At the moment it's just racing the original game. I think there isn't too much ICR2 there, especially not full races with wheel and pedals. There's more to come, so if you are interested, please check it out.

Thanks for taking the time to make these. They are high quality - full resolution and max frame rate, as far as I can tell. I'd like to see some videos from different replay angles, and maybe some modded tracks and cars so that folks can see the full potential of the game!

I can record the original game with the best graphics without frame drops, but unfortunately I can't get 30 fps at some Pavel's tracks even when I'm alone on the track. I'm using DOSBox and its own recording system.

Next I'll complete the quick races on original tracks. After that there will be something else related to ICR2. These videos are very easy to made, but I'm a total noob when it comes to video editing.
03-07-2019, 04:59 AM
I think there might have been some frame dropping in the latest video (Detroit). I'll try to maximize the performance in the future races by closing other programs when recording.
08-08-2019, 03:42 PM
I started using OBS Studio instead of DOSBox's own capturing. Looks very promising.

https://youtu.be/Vvnkd8bUJyE
08-08-2019, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 08-08-2019 07:45 PM by samsepi0l.)
(08-08-2019 03:42 PM)Purojannu Wrote:  I started using OBS Studio instead of DOSBox's own capturing. Looks very promising.

https://youtu.be/Vvnkd8bUJyE

Wow- I like it!

Where did you get your "tire skidding" sound? It sounds very realistic.

Also- If you want some AMAZING framerate speed with full details try using the dosbox 32bit version. I switched to 32bit version when I was having problems getting good framerate at Monaco on Grand Prix 2 and it worked like an absolute charm.