Logo
Current time: 02-20-2020, 11:25 PM Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
CART Precision Racing patches?
04-17-2011, 04:22 PM
CART Precision Racing patches?
I had buyed this game and I had found only one working site, but the problem is where I can find updates for this game because the links in this site dont work.

If anyone know that please write hereWink2

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2011, 04:44 PM
RE: CART Precision Racing patches?
Microsoft patch for this game can be found here
http://www.microsoft.com/games/precision...nloads.htm
04-17-2011, 07:15 PM
I know for the patch anything else?
11-08-2019, 09:05 AM
(04-17-2011 07:15 PM)RacerBG Wrote:  I know for the patch anything else?

Bumping this thread. I used to mod CART Precision Racing, specifically building tracks, and operated a modding/fan site in the late 90s. Recently found my CD-ROM of it and actually got it to work on Windows 10. Problem is, none of the mods and editors that used to be available for CPR still exist on the Internet. So I am wondering if anyone used to play that game and might possibly have in their archives or old hard drives anything related to this game. I unfortunately don't have my old computer anymore.

I know CPR is a vastly inferior game to ICR2, but it was an official CART game and came from a great era of CART, so I was feeling like it should also be preserved somehow. Please contact me or reply if you have anything that can help!
11-10-2019, 03:01 AM
LOL, remember playing this online in 1999 until early 2001..people used to turn on all driving assists and goes into sharp turns on full throttle like driving on rails..lap times were ridiculous fast.
01-30-2020, 11:57 AM
The attached screenshot shows all of the CPR files that I have on an old hard drive. Carsets and tracks. The tutorial file is a word.doc which discusses how to edit tracks. The programs mentioned in the tutorial are as follows:
CPREdit - necessary
CPRToolbox - for extracting single files, and converting graphics
Paintshop Pro or another paintprogram - for changing/making textures
BinEdit - for changing/making objects.

However, I don't seem to have any of those programs.

01-31-2020, 10:37 AM
(01-30-2020 11:57 AM)OI812 Wrote:  The attached screenshot shows all of the CPR files that I have on an old hard drive. Carsets and tracks. The tutorial file is a word.doc which discusses how to edit tracks. The programs mentioned in the tutorial are as follows:
CPREdit - necessary

CPR is based off of TRI's main game engine from the mid-90s, and as such many of the tools used to edit Monster Truck Madness 1 and 2 also work on CPR. The community still exists, and http://www.mtm2.com has a lot of what you need, primarily Binedit (for models), CPOD (for pod extraction and construction), and FlyRawGui (converts 256 color BMP to RAW/ACT files).

I've attached CPREdit in a zip, it needs DOSBox to work. I couldn't find much documentation, but the TRACKED tutorials on MTM2.com might help a bit. The CPR track files are where the game differs pretty greatly from the MTM games, as they use a separate track model a la ICR on top of the usual terrain engine.

Attached File(s)
.zip  CPREDIT.zip (Size: 768.06 KB / Downloads: 0)
01-31-2020, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2020 04:34 PM by checkpoint10.)
(01-30-2020 11:57 AM)OI812 Wrote:  The attached screenshot shows all of the CPR files that I have on an old hard drive. Carsets and tracks. The tutorial file is a word.doc which discusses how to edit tracks. The programs mentioned in the tutorial are as follows:
CPREdit - necessary

Wow, thanks for sharing this list! I don't have most of the files you have, and it would be awesome if you can upload those files. Particularly, it would mean a lot to me to see lb2k (Long Beach 2000) again, which was the last track I made and probably the best one!

By the way, I attach the CPR Toolbox here.

(01-31-2020 10:37 AM)Arenacale Wrote:  
CPREdit - necessary

CPR is based off of TRI's main game engine from the mid-90s, and as such many of the tools used to edit Monster Truck Madness 1 and 2 also work on CPR. The community still exists, and http://www.mtm2.com has a lot of what you need, primarily Binedit (for models), CPOD (for pod extraction and construction), and FlyRawGui (converts 256 color BMP to RAW/ACT files).

I've attached CPREdit in a zip, it needs DOSBox to work. I couldn't find much documentation, but the TRACKED tutorials on MTM2.com might help a bit. The CPR track files are where the game differs pretty greatly from the MTM games, as they use a separate track model a la ICR on top of the usual terrain engine.

In this archived CPR site, go to Arne Martin's tracks and you will find a great tutorial on how to use CPREdit: https://web.archive.org/web/199910131124...stats.com/

Attached File(s)
.zip  Toolbox.zip (Size: 323.66 KB / Downloads: 1)
02-02-2020, 08:04 AM
I zipped all those files, download link here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B-KEKwr...sp=sharing
02-08-2020, 08:34 AM
(02-02-2020 08:04 AM)OI812 Wrote:  I zipped all those files, download link here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1B-KEKwr...sp=sharing

Thank you so much!